Last updated on 2023-06-22 | Edit this page
- What have we learned so far?
After completing this episode, participants should be able to…
- Identify some actions that can be taken to build a strong foundation for a lesson.
Up to now, we have focused on some good practices for designing a lesson, and provided opportunities to implement these practices. We also progressed through the first stages of building a lesson website with The Carpentries Workbench.
When we return, we will continue to build on the foundations and complete the initial development of some parts of these new lessons. We will also explore the importance of teaching as an intermediate step in the lesson development process, and discuss how best to prepare to teach new lesson content.
The Trainer(s) will ask for feedback on the training so far. Take some time to provide this feedback, before moving onto the second part of this task.
In the shared notes document, write down any questions you have after this first part of the training, that you hope will be answered before the end.
Take some time to think back on what has been covered so far, then make some notes on the most important points and actions you want to take away from that. The Trainers and other participants will not look at this - it is only for you.
If you do not know where to start, consider the following list for a starting point:
- draw a concept map, connecting the material
- draw pictures or a comic depicting one of the concepts covered
- write an outline of the topics we covered
- write a paragraph or “journal” entry about your experience of the training today
- write down one thing that struck you the most