AMY release v1.4.0¶
Intense month of January is almost behind us, so it's time for new AMY release.
The biggest highlights of this month are definitely:
- first approach to the new API
- API reports
- merging events.
There were also some essential features, but not much. In v1.5 there will be a lot more.
We had to programmatically fix/complete some of our records:
- historical events on production server were assigned an administering organization (that's the one responsible for taking care of the workshop bureaucracy),
- new DC instructors were added: anyone with a special note or anyone who
taught at DC workshop now has a
Personmodel is now able to store person's occupation and ORCID code,
- events can hold links to survey results (pre-workshop for learners and for instructors, post-workshop for learners and for instructors, and long-term for learners),
- API call for getting members list is now for logged in users only, and returns members' usernames too,
- merging events: with option to select fields from either of events, or (in some cases) even to combine them together. The underlying code may be reused to fix persons merging,
- workshop issues page now allows to filter workshops by assigned admin
- move most of reports to the API; 3 reports now present a graph for easy use, 1 report was requested to be moved to API, and 1 new report was requested (and Piotr made it in API),
- API: new structure. It's using hyperlinks between resources and allows to view and filter for example people associated with specific events,
- slow tests were fixed (we gained probably around 10s on whole test suite, even though about 10-20 new tests were introduced); now it's time to speed up migrations,
- Greg added two new badges to the database: maintainer and trainer; Piotr made sure to allow for editing badges via Django Admin interface, and also added these new badges to the fake database command,
- Greg also added a new command for getting list of people who should be warned because their instructor training was about to close,
- meanwhile Piotr added a command for displaying report about instructor training completion rates.
- some fields containing numerical values were switched to other type of fields to prevent slider from appearing; the background for this issue was that when scrolling through a page with form, on MacOSX people would accidentally change values of numerical fields,
- generation of initial revisions was added to the process of creating a fake database for development use,
- some types of events (
unresponsive) were kicked out from debrief lookup,
- some invoice options were changed to remain consistent with the rest.