AMY release v1.5.4¶
Yesterday AMY v1.5.4 was released with a bunch of interesting changes.
- AMY is now capable of going through all active workshops and checking if their metadata (slug, start/end date, instructors and helpers) had changed. If so, a notification would be shown to the person associated with the event.
- Aditya improved history log by enabling it to show related objects' real names instead of IDs.
- Greg added a button to mail everyone involved in a workshop
- as part of his GSoC 2016 project, Chris added the trainings dashboard in its first shape
- Chris in collab with Greg added SWC/DC instructor badge indicators to: all persons, event details, and "find instructors" views
- Piotr upgraded the "Find instructors" view to enable admins to search for not only instructors, but also in-progress instructor trainees and people who once had been associated with the workshop organization. Therefore the new name for "Finding instructors" is now "Find Workshop Staff".
- Aditya fixed permissions issue when accessing event details page by people without permission to add ToDo items.
- Piotr fixed a small error preventing DataCarpentry logo from showing up on DC workshop request page.
- Piotr fixed a small error doubling people with both superuser and
admingroup permissions in the admin lookup backend.
- Even smaller error was pointing admins to use wrong URL in import event template. It is now fixed.
- Chris fixed the former "debriefing" view (now "instructors by date") errors concerning emails generation when some people's emails were unavailable.
- Chris fixed probably the oldest unnoticed issue ever: wrong link generated for airport's IATA code.
- Chris fixed missing template from one of the new features for this release.