The Community Facilitators Program is a new initiative in The Carpentries that seeks to create new pathways for active involvement in everyday community activities by more community members. This program will help sustain the growing Carpentries community and support other core programs that contribute to the advancement of our mission.
- Community - a place where members feel a sense of belonging and a desire to work together towards shared goals.
- Cohort - Carpentries community members trained at the same time and who then work together to develop relevant community-facing resources that address specific glue-work needs
- Community Facilitators - community members trained using the Community Facilitators Program curriculum
- Program Curriculum - suite of resources developed by this Task Force to train Community Facilitators
- Curriculum module - set of resources in the curriculum addressing one topic i.e. Code of Conduct facilitation
- Post-Training Framework - A resource created by the Task Force to guide Community Facilitators in identifying needs in The Carpentries community that they can collaboratively work to alleviate in their cohort after their training